HVC Basel II Implementation Service
Bangladesh Bank has taken a number of initiatives to implement Risk Based Capital Adequacy for Banks under the Basel II framework. Implementing Basel II is no doubt a challenge for all financial institutions.
In view of the above, Hoda Vasi Chowdhury & Co (HVC) has established “Basel II Service Team” with dedicated professionals to assist you with Basel II implementation. HVC is the first Accounting Firm in Bangladesh to create an outstanding “Basel II” team of financial and risk management professionals with International Experience of Basel II implementation. We can design and implement a framework to comply with Bangladesh Bank requirements on Capital Adequacy and prepare you for the next wave of Basel II requirements (i.e. Pillar Two- Supervisory Review Process and Pillar Three- Market Discipline) ahead of time and gain competitive.
We can assist you to create an overall Risk Framework that not only satisfies compliance demands, but also allow you to identify, monitor, measure and report risk and ultimately make better strategic decisions. We believe in managing risks not as a compliance burden but also as a tool to gain competitive advantage and achieve operational efficiency.
Flexible and cost-effective assistance with your Basel II project can take the form of just a day or two when needed or be on a regular basis, such as a few days each month, depending on your own particular requirements. This will greatly reduce the burden on your own resources and free them to pursue business growth and other operational matters. Our service will include amongst other:
- Defining and establishing your Basel II implementation strategy.
- Formulating your implementation plan - activities, milestones and project deliverables.
- Briefing your directors and senior managers on Basel II legislation and its implications.
- Assisting with your Basel II project tasks such as gap, impact and cost analysis.
- Facilitating your risk assessment and risk management procedures.
- Assist in identifying on/off balance sheet exposures required External Credit Assessment and develop a mapping process to align these exposures to the Risk Weight assigned by the Bangladesh Bank.
- Review the computation of Quarterly Returns on Minimum Capital Requirements (MCR) submitted to Bangladesh Bank and calculated under Risk Based Capital (Basel II) and consider the credit risk mitigating effect of Collateral and Guarantee.
- Design and implementation/ modification and up-gradation of the IT Systems and Software Solutions to support the calculation of Basel II Risk Weighted Assets and Capital Requirements, including application of Collaterals.
Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any of your Basel II related queries.